Date:      Mon, 4 Nov 2002 08:48:20 +0100 (CET)
From:      Nick Hibma <n_hibma@van-laarhoven.org>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        "phk@critter.freebsd.dk" <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>, "jhay@icomtek.csir.co.za" <jhay@icomtek.csir.co.za>, "current@FreeBSD.ORG" <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: umass CF geometry problems, was Re: fdisk -BI ob clean disk broken

USB is only the transport. It doesn't add or remove functionality (the
only exception being probing for LUNs on CBI devices). If you want to
determine the geometry you will have to do this through SCSI commands. I
was hoping that the CAM code would be smart enough to request the
details from the drive itself, but perhaps there is a good reason for
asking the controller for this.

It did work without, so it hasn't been implemented yet. Feel free to
suggest a SCSI command together with the logic.

What is the GET_GEOMETRY used for anyway?

Nick

--
n_hibma@van-laarhoven.org                  http://www.van-laarhoven.org/
n_hibma@FreeBSD.org                        http://www.etla.net/~n_hibma/