Date:      Thu, 16 Jan 2003 23:39:34 +0100
From:      "Coercitas Temet'Nosce" <coercitas@hotmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>, "David Spreen" <netzwurm@debian.org>
Subject:   Re: No way to disable loading of agp.1 on boot?

Hi there,

problem isn't REALLY agp related, it is just because the PCI bridge tries to
use some resources the BIOS left off or that are not enabled correctly by
the device driver. There is a tunable value you can set to 0 to avoid this,
just hit spacebar when loader prompts it and type :

hw.pci.enables_io_modes=0

It will normally prevent your system to hang while testing this driver.

If this doesn't work (it SHOULD work btw) just try this :

     hw.pci_allow_unsupported_io_range=1

It allows the PCI bridge to pass through an unsupported memory range
assigned by the BIOS. This tunable value set to OFF (0) by default.

Let me know if it helped :o)

regards