Date:      Tue, 25 May 1999 17:30:07 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jamie Bowden <ragnar@sysabend.org>
To:        Darren Pilgrim <dpilgrim@uswest.net>
Cc:        "Mark S. Reichman" <mark@borg.com>, "Viren R. Shah" <viren@rstcorp.com>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SETI@home has teams now!

On Tue, 25 May 1999, Darren Pilgrim wrote:

:Jamie Bowden wrote:
:>
:> On Mon, 24 May 1999, Darren Pilgrim wrote:
:>
:> :A note on FreeBSD's efficiency: My P2-350 spends almost 38 hours per
:> :unit when under W98 and that's with nothing else running.  The last
:> :work unit took my P166 running 3.1R just under 30 hours.  That's both
:> :disgusting and hilarious.
:>
:> You've got other problems somewhere.  My K6/233 in Win98 processes a block
:> in ~29 hours.  In 3.2-R it takes ~19 hours.
:
:I would imagine that the video card used has an effect on the amount
:of CPU used to draw the graphics.  Which card are you using?
:

Matrox Millenium2 PCI.

Jamie Bowden

--

If we've got to fight over grep, sign me up.  But boggle can go.
	-Ted Faber (on Hasbro's request for removal of /usr/games/boggle)