Date:      Mon, 24 Jan 2022 10:56:07 +0100 (CET)
From:      freebsd@oldach.net (Helge Oldach)
To:        freebsd@quinteiro.org (Jose Quinteiro)
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Deprecation of the ftp support in pkg

Jose Quinteiro wrote on Mon, 24 Jan 2022 07:40:03 +0100 (CET):
> On 1/23/22 13:12, Helge Oldach wrote:
> > Stefan Esser wrote on Sun, 23 Jan 2022 21:08:30 +0100 (CET):

> >> An interesting idea, we have it as a port in www/thttpd.
> >
> > Does thttpd support SSL in the meantime? I suspect that is an option people would ask for instantly.
> >
> It does not. This is by design. It is really meant to be as small and
> simple as possible.

www/webfs is significantly simpler and smaller (5k LOC compared to
thttpd's 17k) and lacks SSL as well.

I'd say importing NetBSD's or OpenBSD's httpd would be the better option
then - www/obhttpd is in ports already. Apart from serving pkg purposes
(as discussed here) it will bring in a resonable http server and feature
parity with *BSD.

Kind regards
Helge