Date:      Mon, 20 Feb 1995 23:55:46 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Alex R.N. Wetmore" <aw2t+@andrew.cmu.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: snd devices (documentation)

Just out of curosity, has any work ever been done to clean up the
sound drivers (so that they don't use different device id's (snd1,
snd2, etc) for various support from boards, but instead so that you
can have multiple sound boards and they work in a normalish way.
Support for two sound blasters or the like, to get in and out audio,
would be a really nifty thing.

Also, having INCLUDE_PAS seems a lot nicer then EXCLUDE_PAS (that
way you have four or five INCLUDEs instead of 15 or so EXCLUDEs).

I know I should offer to work on this stuff, but I'm busy enough
right now as it is :)  I also know that its a Linux driver originally,
and thus cleaning it up would be a little more of a pain because
you'd have to clean it up for multiple system types...

alex