Date:      Thu, 14 Feb 2002 13:26:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      mcclain looney <mcclain@looneys.net>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ports/34941: linux-jdk14 port is out of date

>Number:         34941
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       linux-jdk14 port is out of date
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical

current linux java 1.4 is out of beta and RC status. 1.4.0 is final.

Linux users have nice shiny new vm to play with, FreeBSD  brethren can't come out and play.  This is a MAJOR new release and needs to be updated asap.

I tried installing the linux d/l from sun, run through the ports make scripts, vm works fine as superuser, dies with an ABORT for unpriv user.