Date:      Tue, 29 Jun 2004 19:23:12 -0000
From:      Thomas Wolf <tw@wsf.at>
To:        freebsd@stateautomation.com, freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ipdivert rule will not load

freebsd@stateautomation.com schrieb:

> ipfw will not accept a DIVERT rule. e.g the rule I am trying to add is..
> ipfw add 3000 divert 8668 ip from any to any via sis0
> The response I get is... ipfw: getsockopt(IP_FW_ADD): Invalid argument
> I have built a custom kernel with the following optional lines
> options IPFIREWALL
> options IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE
> options IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE_LIMIT
> options IPDIVERT
> Does anyone know why the system will not accept the divert rule?  Thankyou.

The options seem to be correct, however the error message indicates
the lack of 'divert' in the kernel. Are you sure you properly
built and *installed* your custom kernel? Check the output of
'dmesg | grep divert', you should see '... divert enabled...',
otherwise something went wrong with your kernel build.

Thomas

--
Thomas Wolf
Wiener Software Fabrik