Date:      Tue, 21 Dec 1999 08:02:19 -1000
From:      "Art Neilson, WH7N" <art@hawaii.rr.com>
To:        chris <chris@aepnet.com>, stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SOFTUPDATES

Well, I did the same way Michel did, about 3-4 months ago.
Worked fine for me I didn't have to boot off any special
diskette or anything, just boot into single and tunefs the
root filesystem.

root@pilikia# mount
/dev/wd0s1a on / (local, soft-updates, writes: sync 9 async 16218)
/dev/wd0s1f on /usr (local, soft-updates, writes: sync 43 async 38046)
/dev/wd0s1e on /var (local, soft-updates, writes: sync 282 async 18376)
procfs on /proc (local)
mfs:33 on /tmp (asynchronous, local, writes: sync 6 async 977)

soft-updates is enabled on all the filesystems on my firewall box.

--
    __
   /  )    _/_  It is a capital mistake to theorise before one has data.