Date:      Wed, 02 Aug 1995 19:39:56 +0200
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        ache@astral.msk.su
Cc:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>, current@freefall.cdrom.com, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Subject:   Re: current make world falls over.

> >You need to build the secure/lib/libtelnet once by hand....
>
> It isn't a problem, the problem is that 'make world'
> tries to build stuff from secure and tries to build
> telnetd with wrong libtelnet (standard).

Damn. What you say is true.

Which of these two methoods of fixing this is better IYO?

1) In src/Makefile, target libraries:, move the
   "if exists (secure)..." bit to after the "if exists (lib)...".
   The evil here is that in the "if exists (lib)..." the non-secure
   libtelnet will be built , and wil then be clobbered by the
   secure libtelnet.

2) In src/lib/Makefile put "if defined(NOSECURE) && defined(NOCRYPT)/
   .endif" around "CFLAGS+= libtelnet".

3) Both.

This is Big Makefile (tm) stuff and I have not ventured this far before,
so please check this and advise before I go ahead and fix.

Ta!

Mark Murray
46 Harvey Rd, Claremont, Cape Town 7700, South Africa
+27 21 61-3768 GMT+0200