Date:      Sun, 12 Oct 1997 08:37:00 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Justin M. Seger" <jseger@freebsd.scds.com>
To:        giffunip@asme.org, jseger@freebsd.scds.com
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: math/maxima

> Last time I saw it, the only value of that port was providing patches
> for an older version. Can you be alittle more specific on "it isn't
> possible to get a license anymore ?

>	Pedro.

Well, basically there was a maxima.README file on the FTP site that said that
the organization who was providing licenses (I forget the name) isn't offering
them anymore.

I don't know the details on this, but it doesnt seem that anyone has much
interest in this port...  Whoever originally submitted it, is no longer a
MAINTAINER.  I was going to take it over and upgrade it to 5.2, but I saw that
licensing thing, and it won't compile out of the box. I'm not very familiar with gcl, so I couldn't get it to work.  Anyway, it just seems like it's not worth
keeping around unless we have people who are actively using it.

TTYL,
-Justin Seger-