Date:      Thu, 10 Apr 2003 01:08:35 -0400
From:      Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@attbi.com>
To:        freebsd-threads@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Scope system threads (was Re: PS_BLOCKED)

On Wed, Apr 09, 2003 at 02:28:22PM -0400, Daniel Eischen wrote:
> I built it just fine without modifying anything except -lkse.
> You don't even need to change that if you just install libkse
> as libc_r.so.5, but I'd rather test out libkse in small pieces
> than to have kde blow up in my face :-).

OK, this is good news.  I put a lot of time in patching up ACE
to work on FreeBSD, and some of my work also involved submitting
patches to FreeBSD.  I am glad that

> And it all seems to build fine.

Now, earlier in this e-mail thread someone mentioned that certain ACE tests
were failing.  Do these tests fail now with ACE 5.3.1?

FreeBSD lacks POSIX real-time signals, which was very troublesome
when I was trying to get the ACE Proactor to work properly, because
the Proactor uses POSIX AIO + POSIX RT signals.  I would really
like to see POSIX RT signals on FreeBSD.

However, since this is a threads mailing list, I assume you
are more interested in the ACE threads tests passing with KSE.
Are there any problems there?

I am also very interested in how KSE thread priorities work, because
thread priorities are used in the TAO Real-time CORBA ORB, which is
built on top of ACE.

--
Craig Rodrigues
http://home.attbi.com/~rodrigc