Date:      Sat, 19 Apr 2014 13:00:02 GMT
From:      Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/188786: Bug in inet(3) man page (inet_aton())

The following reply was made to PR docs/188786; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>
To: Michael Kerrisk <mtk.manpages@gmail.com>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2014 07:54:48 -0500

 On Sat, Apr 19, 2014 at 07:06:48AM +0000, Michael Kerrisk wrote:
 > I see the same text in the OpenBSD page, and also the NetBSD page.
 > How does this work -- should I submit bugs for each of those systems,
 > or do communicate such problems to one another?

 Short answer: we do't automatically sync with one another.

 Longer answer: it would take some investigation to find out if one or
 the other of the 3 has a "canonical" set of manpages that the others
 have copied.  So, the best way is to open a PR for each.

 Thanks.

 mcl