Date:      Mon, 13 Nov 1995 08:03:52 +0200
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
Cc:        mark@grumble.grondar.za (Mark Murray), freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD Current Users' list)
Subject:   Re: GNU gmp

> Hello,

Hi

> Importing gmp  is a good thing  but generating the  library as libmp.* is a
> bad thing. I think we should have both libgmp.* and  libmp.* (as enabled by
> the -DBERKELEY  flag) for compatibility  with some  packages which  use  it
> (like SSH). GNU mp is not the same  as Berkeley mp  so having the same name
> is misleading...

I am planning to do that, as soon as I can figure out a clean way. Any
hints about a cute way to have one makefile generate two libraries from
one directory of source? I was palnning on getting cute with the before*:
targets...

Mark Murray
46 Harvey Rd, Claremont, Cape Town 7700, South Africa
+27 21 61-3768 GMT+0200
Finger mark@grumble.grondar.za for PGP key