Date:      Tue, 03 Sep 2002 17:35:23 -0700
From:      Cy Schubert - CITS Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
To:        john_m_cooper@yahoo.com
Cc:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@FreeBSD.ORG>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RFC: Putting mozilla-1.0 back in the tree

In message <1031089275.1735.53.camel@PC016247.reshall.uidaho.edu>, John
Merrywe
ather Cooper writes:
> Well, I'm not really arguing the point.  :)  Incrementing PORTEPOCH is
> the correct thing to do though.  A HEADS UP when it's occurring so those
> of us who want to stay with 1.1 can would be real nice.

Now that the mozilla port has a PORTEPOCH of 2, the mozilla-devel port
should have its PORTEPOCH bumped from 1 to 2, else the development
version would appear to our ports infrastructure to be ancient in
relation to the production version. I think that this is counter to the
spirit of PORTEPOCH, because both ports register under the PORTNAME of
mozilla.

--
Cheers,                          Phone:  250-387-8437
Cy Schubert                        Fax:  250-387-5766