Date:      Tue, 8 Jan 2002 14:14:01 -0600
From:      Noah Dunker <ndunker@jccc.net>
To:        'vijay ' <vijay@IPRG.nokia.com>, 'questions ' <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: ntp and date command

I think xntpd only checks a few times a day, but I'm not sure.

ntpdate(8) is the command you would use to re-sync your own system time back
to normal on-demand.  On my machines I usually run this at startup as well
as a daemon to sync up every so often. It gets the time and date from my
firewall, which is running both a time server and client, and updates from
the time server from a local university.