Date:      Tue, 23 Oct 2001 13:55:20 +0200
From:      "yvan" <niooi@cybercable.fr>
To:        "Brett Glass" <brett@lariat.org>, <chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Islam (was: Religions (was Re: helping victims of terror))

> Actually, that land has changed hands so many times over
> the centuries that any claim to "rightful" ownership of
> it is arbitrary. But the Israelis are actually good
> stewards of it. In fact, the Arabs living within Israel's
> boundaries live better, and are treated better, than
> those in Gaza and other areas ceded to the Palestinian
> terrorists.

Hello,

This is the typical argument of a colonizer. If you look at South-Africans,
British or French colonizers or any other colonizers they will tell you that
they bring knowledge and civilization to their colonized population. Also,
the second typical argument is that the local better-off with the
colonizers. Yeah right! Taking them as low cost employees while maintaing a
total economical embargo on the rest of Palestine. I do not think someone as
stubborn as Brett could modify is point of view: the one the superior race
colonizer. Put let me put this clear, I think that any people in the world
would prefer to live poorer and to have their self-determination;
Decolonization was all about that, people may not have the best
infrastructure, wages, GDP (And Blacks in Africa or Palmestinian never had
the same quality of life as the colonizers) etc... but they have their land,
their rights, their language, their choice on how to use their resources
best without anyone taking it out from their hands.

Yvan