Date:      Fri, 1 Jun 2001 10:23:34 +0800
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?S=E9an_Christopher_Hawkes?= <sean@omon.net.au>
To:        <trevor@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: oidentd-1.7.1

Just a quick question ...

the pidentd port has said for as long as I have been using FBSD 'the nat
support only works on linux right now'
Are there any plans to enable this in the FBSD port?

I ask because in my attempts at BSD evangelism, one of the easiest things to
persuade my friends  to start using BSD for is a dialin gateway.  Most of
them don't have subnets so most rely on NAT .. and most also are irc addicts
and can't get onto servers without a working identd.

So the lack of a NAT enabled identd server is driving a lot of my friends to
use linux (gasp) instead !

I know there must be issues involved but it seems a shame for such a  minor
detail to be discouraging the uptake of BSD among the very kind of
internet-savvy users who are willing to move away from m$ products.

Regards

Sean