Date:      Wed, 17 Apr 2002 16:48:41 -0400
From:      Michael W.Holdeman <ptfd9100@beanstalk.net>
To:        Peter Ulrich Kruppa <root@pukruppa.de>
Cc:        <ports@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: OpenOffice 641D

> Indeed it does run on my machine and it is worth it, but I am not
> sure, if I can help you.
> libcomphelp2.so
> is part of the OO binaries and should be in a directory
> ../program
> - Are you sure you use "linux-bash"
> /compat/linux/bin/bash
> (there might be another one in /usr/local/bin/bash)?
> - Is OO's program directory in bash's PATH?

The odd thing is I get this message when attempting to run setup, to install
it.
I use /usr/compat/linux/bin/bash to run it.

Why would the setup program be looging for a file it has yetr to install?

The only thing I can think of is that I am running the setup script off a
server drive- over NFS mount?
When I try to do a tar -xzf on it on the Freebsd machine it thrashes the
whole thing, placing trash archives and directory names all over th eplace,
when I run the tar command under linux on the server it works fine?

Mike