Date:      Sun, 3 Nov 1996 20:59:16 +1100
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        bde@zeta.org.au, phk@critter.tfs.com
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, j@ida.interface-business.de
Subject:   Re: Verbose babble in if_fddisubr.c

>The idea was for it to be a flag that you could set so early that you
>could catch boot-related stuff (to which I consider the slice but
>not the FDDI messages).  As soon as you have single user running
>you can tweak a sysctl variable, and things that can use that,
>should use that instead.

The slice code already has a variable to tweak (dsi_debug), but I think
there shouldn't be many such variables.  The ones that exist should
be grouped together and initially set to the value of bootverbose.
bootverbose should be a sysctl variable and tweaking it should tweak
all the related variables.

Bruce