Date:      Thu, 18 May 2006 11:30:30 +0400
From:      Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru>
To:        Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fedora Core 5 emulation and problems

On Thu, 18 May 2006 09:00:59 +0200 Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> Quoting Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru> (from Wed, 17 May 2006 15:19:38 +0400):

> > Hey, the good news is that an FC4 port is successfilly running on my
> > system a couple of days. ;-)

> Great. Do you think we can skip FC3 and go directly to FC4 without
> breaking anything (no change to the rest of the infrastructure ports
> like xorg and gtk)?

This is my intention. I'm on tests now. Linux-xorg-libs are already
form FC4 distro. But there are some ports (i.e. graphics/linux_dri)
that should be treated with care. Linux_dri is written for XFree and
should be tested with appropriate hardware.

But in general at long jumps, you know, things may happen. ;-)

WBR
--
Boris B. Samorodov, Research Engineer
InPharmTech Co,     http://www.ipt.ru