Date:      Wed, 13 Sep 2000 14:49:40 -0400
From:      "Andresen,Jason R." <jandrese@mitre.org>
To:        "Miguel A. de Avillez" <mavillez@amnh.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Linux software in FreeBSD

"Miguel A. de Avillez" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I would like to know where can I learn about the way linux software runs
> in a FreeBSD box. In particular I would like to know if it is possible
> to use compilers specifically built for linux, or I only am able to run
> linux executables?

You should be able to run linux compilers just fine with the linuxulator
to build linux images that you can run with the linuxulator.  An easier
approach might be to simply compile the source into a FreeBSD image and
run it directly.

--
  / \/ \  | ||_ _||  _ \|___| | Jason Andresen -- jandrese@mitre.org