Date:      Mon, 26 May 1997 02:06:05 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <tim@X2296>
To:        John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Handbook slicing

On Sun, 25 May 1997, John Fieber wrote:

>  http://fallout.campusview.indiana.edu/~jfieber/hb1/BOOK-0001.html
>
> and tell me what you think.  Also, if you can point to examples

I tend to prefer the current dividing scheme.  I find
(always) that html divided up as the test handbook cited
above is more confusing to read.  I don't like having a TOC
point me into the middle of another html-chunk, with text
above me and text below me.  It's confusing, distracting,
and seems just plain sloppy.

However, from a more practical perspective, slicing the
handbook along chapters could be nicer since it allows one
to easily download a single chaper, which I think is useful
to do given that the expanded html version of the full
handbook is 1509898 bytes (ie.  more than can fit on a 1.44
floppy).

--
tIM...HOEk
Whoever told you I had a .signature was lying.