Date:      Mon, 25 May 2015 13:13:12 +0000
From:      "jhb (John Baldwin)" <phabric-noreply@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   [Differential] [Updated] D2579: PCI support for Alpine platform from Annapurna Labs

jhb added a comment.

My main comment here is that this seems to duplicate a lot of work of the PCI bus driver itself.  With NEW_PCIB, the PCI bus is actually far more capable of handling things like assigning resources for bridges and the devices behind them, etc.  I'm not sure how much would have to be updated in layers above this driver to allow that to work, but it might reduce a lot of the duplication.

INLINE COMMENTS
  sys/arm/annapurna/alpine/alpine_pci.c:1327 Do not set bustag/handle in alloc routines.  Please provide proper activate/deactivate routines instead (NEW_PCIB requires this).  You can see my suggestions on how to do this properly (arm does this wrong an awful lot) in D2386.  You should also add an adjust_resource routine.

REVISION DETAIL
  https://reviews.freebsd.org/D2579

EMAIL PREFERENCES
  https://reviews.freebsd.org/settings/panel/emailpreferences/