Date:      Tue, 26 Feb 2002 06:07:02 +1030
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
To:        Herve Quiroz <herve.quiroz@esil.univ-mrs.fr>
Cc:        java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bsd.java.mk and native jdk1.3.1p6

On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 05:45:32PM +0100, Herve Quiroz wrote:
> Does the bsd.java.mk effort means we will soon be able to build jdk1.3.1p6
> using jikes (with $JAVAC variable correctly set up) ? I am asking so
> because I have been compiling the native jdk 1.3.1p6 on a P133/64M for 4+
> hours now and I am wondering if I will be able to use it before 2024...

The answer is yes.  I've compiled it on such a machine.  In fact, my
development machine is a PII 233 (a bit more RAM though :), so I'm well
aware of how long compiles can take.

--
Greg Lewis                            Email : glewis@eyesbeyond.com
Eyes Beyond                           Web   : http://www.eyesbeyond.com