Date:      Wed, 6 Nov 2002 11:26:26 -0500 (EST)
From:      Tuc <tuc@ttsg.com>
To:        doronh@crc.co.za (Doron Shmaryahu)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: UUCP Mail

> Hi,
>
> I have a machine with a permanent connection, that I am installing for a
> client. Their provider lets them collect mail via UUCP. Can anyone explain
> in simple terms how to use uucp. I have the node name, username and
> password. I just don't know how to use it. The only examples I can find are
> regarding uucp and dial up.

	In simple terms, no...

	I can tell you what I have set, and you can see if this works for you
too. I collect all my mail via UUCP.

In /etc/uucp/sys :

# Start of system mailserver
system mailserver
time Any
baud 0
port type tcp
port seven-bit false
port reliable true
port half-duplex false
port service uucp
address 192.168.3.254
chat ogin:-\r-ogin:-\r-ogin: uuuserid word: uupass

Just touch /etc/uucp/port

	Thats all it took for me. Then I have a script called "douucp"
I put in /usr/local/bin/douucp

/usr/libexec/uucp/uucico -x1 -S mailserver
/usr/libexec/uucp/uuxqt
sleep 3
/usr/sbin/sendmail -q -v

	You can check /var/spool/uucp for Log, and Debug for messages.

		Tuc/TTSG Internet Services, Inc.