Date:      Fri, 14 Jan 2011 09:28:48 +0300
From:      "Andrey V. Elsukov" <bu7cher@yandex.ru>
To:        Lev Serebryakov <lev@serebryakov.spb.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gmirror on slices & glabel mess

--------------enigDE2E79D43A121D366DACF5FD

On 13.01.2011 23:28, Lev Serebryakov wrote:
>> Also can you describe what you expect to see (how it should work?).
>   Every parition on its own mirror, all FSes are seen and mountable
>   via /dev/ufs/*
>   Mirror components are ad*s1* and not /dev/ufs/* or /dev/ufsid/*, as
>   it after reboot for LAST partition. All FSes available and mountable
>   as /dev/ufs/LABEL. Now /dev/ufs/home id consumed as mirror component
>   (!) and not-usable.

I can only suggest do not do like that. (=F3=F3=FA=E2 :)
In your configuration you mixes several types of labels,
and you do not use hardcoded providers names. In your case when GMIRROR
does tasting it can take one of three providers which his metadata for
each mirror (e.g. partition, ufs/label, ufsid/id).

So, I see several ways to get what you want:
1. Use gmirror for the whole disk
2. Use hardcoded providers names
3. Disable ufs and ufsid labels via loader.conf.

>   Oh, and one more: I can not stop "home" mirror device, as it
> re-appear with different component (switching between /dev/ufs/home
> and /dev/ufsid/something).

Similar problem described in kern/150555.

--=20
WBR, Andrey V. Elsukov