Date:      Fri, 15 Aug 1997 16:23:05 -0700
From:      Robert Clark <ROBERTC@PII.COM>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, mykes@sportsextra.com
Subject:   Strange installation problem -Reply

Are the mono adapters the same?

					[RC]

>>> Mike Schwartz <mykes@sportsextra.com> 08/15/97 04:10pm >>>
I've installed FreeBSD quite a few times before, but I've
never seen this one and I haven't figured out a solution.

Today, I got two new machines, a P150 and a P2 266.  I can't
install FreeBSD on either machine with the exact same symptoms.
The motherboards are different, naturally, so I can't pin it on
a bad MB at this point.

I downloaded boot.flp from three distributions and made three
bootdisks on three separate dos machines.  9 disks total.
FreeBSD 2.2.2-release, 2.1.7.1, and 3.0-snapshot.

The system loads the floppy sectors, decompresses the kernel,
then says "booting the kernel" and hangs.  I've done this
with ALL cards removed from the systems except for the mono
graphics adapters.  If I leave the machines alone for a few
minutes, the screenblanker kicks in.

The P2 has an ASUS KN97-X motherboard.  The P150 has a Genoa
MB.

Any help appreciated...

---
Mike Schwartz, Founder Best Internet Communications
CEO & Chairman Internet Extra Corporation
FREE Sports and Contests at http://www.sportsextra.com