Date:      Wed, 14 Aug 2002 18:39:25 +0000 (UTC)
From:      Bob <bmiddaugNOSPAM@sdf.lonestar.org>
To:        Tamir Halperin <thalperi@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Do I have to use my hotmail account to participate

what about opening a shell account for free on any number of "public" Unix
systems?  If you telnet to sdf.lonestar.org, you're prompted to login as
"new".  A user account is created for you in the process as well as an
email/news account.  Along with the free user account and access to
utilities on the system, you also get webspace, like 15MB i think.  If you
stay with the free account, you can use zmodem out of a decent telnet
client like netterm or something to transfer files from your pc to the
server.  If you pay the one time $35 ARPA membership fee, you get FTP
along with some other nice features like Kermit.  Once your
account is created and you're logged on, type help for a list of help
topics on files and directories, email clients available to use, stuff
like that.  I use pine because of the news reader built in, your
other choices wouldn't be as full featured.

Regards,
Bob

bmiddaugNOSPAM@sdf.lonestar.org (please remove NOSPAM to reply)