Date:      Fri, 04 Oct 2013 01:17:31 -0700
From:      "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg@tristatelogic.com>
To:        freebsd-ruby@freebsd.org
Subject:   fixing port dependencies

So, um, I just tried to update a bunch of my ports to the latest
revs, which I do rather infrequently, and of course, as usual,
I got a boat load of port build failures.  (Sigh.)

Well, anyway, one of them was this:

          - lang/ruby18 (marked as IGNORE)

I don't use Ruby myself, so obviously, some other port(s) I have
installed are using it.  I've gone ahead and built & installed
lang/ruby20 and that went fine.  Now I'd just like to know what,
if anything, I should do, specifically, in order to make every
installed port that I have that was dependent upon ruby18 now
instead dependent upon ruby20.  And actually, since we are on
the subject, is doing that exact thing even wise?  I have no idea,
but wish I knew.  Is it possible that some port or another that I
have installed that was dependent upon ruby18 might now malfunction
if forced to use ruby20 instead?  (That notion certainly does not
seem to be entirely out of the question.)