Date:      Tue, 28 Oct 2003 15:47:36 +0530
From:      "Sarnath Kannan" <stellium_79@hotmail.com>
To:        Calum.Buchanan@pgs.com
Cc:        aic7xxx@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re:AIC7xxx problem on Intel C440GX+ motherboard

>I went for the aic7xxx_old module, which comes bundled with RH, I just
>changed the /etc/modules.conf to point to aic7xxx_old and remade the boot
>image.
>
>It may not be related, but from what I read is that aic7xxx_old performs a
>lot better with older hardware, hence the name I suppose.

" http://people.redhat.com/dledford/aic7xxx_old.html" -- This page is hosted
by Doug who is the  author of aic7xxx_old module. Adaptec took over from
this guy on Jan 29,2001 and created its own open-source drivers. Gibbs was
the man behind it. So "old" does not stand for support for "older" hardware.
It is called "old" because it is older than the current AIC7xxx drivers from
Adaptec.

" I apologize if this history is wrong. "
-
Sarnath

Find your first love.Rekindle past joys! http://www.batchmates.com/msn.asp
Get in touch with batchmates.