Date:      Thu, 09 May 2002 11:54:12 +0200
From:      Jens Rehsack <rehsack@liwing.de>
To:        Steve Howe <howe@carcass.dhs.org>
Cc:        dirk@FreeBSD.org, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: mod_php4-4.2.0

Steve Howe wrote:

> Hello dirk,
>
>   Is it possible to setup mod_php4 4.2.0 for apache2 ?
>   I mean, I did it manually on my system, but I would to like know if
>   the port would compile with apache2.
>
>   Just as a tip, here's how I did it (latest versions of the ports):
>
>   - Install Apache 2 (portinstall apache2)
>   - portinstall/portupgrade pth (gnu threads - required by Apache2)
>   -  Download & extract PHP 4.X (>=4.2.0)
>   - --with-imap and --with=pgsql below isn't required of course but
>     it's how I did it...
>
>     ./configure --with-apxs2 --with-pgsql --with-tsrm-pth --with-config-file-path=/usr/local/etc --with-imap
Why do you not use the port? It supports apache2 builds, read the Makefile.

>   - make && make install
>   - Add to /usr/local/etc/apache2/httpd.conf:
>
>     # PHP support
>     LoadModule php4_module        libexec/apache2/libphp4.so
>     DirectoryIndex index.php index.html index.htm
>     <Files *.php>
>      SetOutputFilter PHP
>      SetInputFilter PHP
>     </Files>
>
>     As you can see, the httpd.conf syntax for php has changed. You
>     might know italready but I could save you a couple hours if you
>     has to discoverout how to do it.
>     Btw, Apache 2.0.35 + PPHP 4.2.0 works great for me (FreeBSD 4.5 -
>     latest)
> --
> Best regards,
>  Steve Howe                          mailto:howe@carcass.dhs.org

L     i  W     W     W  i                 Jens Rehsack
L        W     W     W
L     i   W   W W   W   i  nnn    gggg    LiWing IT-Services
L     i    W W   W W    i  n  n  g   g
LLLL  i     W     W     i  n  n  g   g    Friesenstraße 2
                                  gggg    06112 Halle
                                 g   g
Tel.:  +49 - 3 45 - 5 17 05 91    ggg     e-Mail: <rehsack@liwing.de>
Fax:   +49 - 3 45 - 5 17 05 92            http://www.liwing.de/