Date:      Sat, 20 Sep 1997 19:09:53 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Joe \"Marcus\" Clarke" <jmcla@ocala.cs.miami.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Logging in PPP

Allen, I have ppp from Sept 17, and I have successfully configured
syslogd to log ppp transactions. I added:

!ppp
*.*                                             /var/log/ppp.log

to my /etc/syslog.conf, and:

set log Phase Chat Connect Carrier LCP IPCP CCP

to my /etc/ppp.conf file.  Everything works nicely.  Make sure the file
/var/log/ppp.log exists.  For some reason, if it didn't, syslogd would
complain.