Date:      Thu, 27 Feb 2003 15:52:30 +0100 (CET)
From:      Yann Berthier <yb@sainte-barbe.org>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ports/48747: New port: net/aguri Aggregation based traffic profiler

>Number:         48747
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       New port: net/aguri Aggregation based traffic profiler
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD taz.hsc.fr 5.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT #46: Sat Jan 25 16:25:00 CET 2003 root@taz.hsc.fr:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/TAZ i386

	New port: net/aguri

>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:

# This is a shell archive.  Save it in a file, remove anything before
# this line, and then unpack it by entering "sh file".  Note, it may
# create directories; files and directories will be owned by you and
# have default permissions.
#
# This archive contains:
#
#	aguri/
#	aguri/Makefile
#	aguri/distinfo
#	aguri/pkg-plist
#	aguri/pkg-descr
#
echo c - aguri/
mkdir -p aguri/ > /dev/null 2>&1
echo x - aguri/Makefile
sed 's/^X//' >aguri/Makefile << 'END-of-aguri/Makefile'
X# New ports collection makefile for:    aguri
X# Date created:                        	27 February 2003
X# Whom: 				Yann Berthier <yb@sainte-barbe.org>
X#
X# $FreeBSD$
X#
XPORTNAME=	aguri
XPORTVERSION=	0.5
XCATEGORIES=	net
XMASTER_SITES=	ftp://ftp.csl.sony.co.jp/pub/kjc/
XMAINTAINER=	yb@sainte-barbe.org
XCOMMENT=	"An Aggregation-based Traffic Profiler"
XUSE_XLIB=	yes
XMAN1=		aguri.1
Xpost-install:
X.if !defined(NOPORTDOCS)
X	@${MKDIR} ${DOCSDIR}
X.for FILES in INSTALL README
X	@${INSTALL_DATA} ${WRKSRC}/${FILES} ${DOCSDIR}
X.endfor
X.endif
X	@${MKDIR} ${DATADIR}
X	@${INSTALL_DATA} ${WRKSRC}/scripts/README ${DATADIR}
X.for SCRIPTS in agurify.pl density.pl makeplot.pl
X	@${INSTALL_SCRIPT} ${WRKSRC}/scripts/${SCRIPTS} \
X	${DATADIR}
X.endfor
X.include <bsd.port.mk>
END-of-aguri/Makefile
echo x - aguri/distinfo
sed 's/^X//' >aguri/distinfo << 'END-of-aguri/distinfo'
XMD5 (aguri-0.5.tar.gz) = ae25dec143a29e92be3b314dd5af2991
END-of-aguri/distinfo
echo x - aguri/pkg-plist
sed 's/^X//' >aguri/pkg-plist << 'END-of-aguri/pkg-plist'
Xbin/aguri
X%%PORTDOCS%%%%DOCSDIR%%/INSTALL
X%%PORTDOCS%%%%DOCSDIR%%/README
X%%PORTDOCS%%@dirrm %%DOCSDIR%%
X%%DATADIR%%/README
X%%DATADIR%%/agurify.pl
X%%DATADIR%%/density.pl
X%%DATADIR%%/makeplot.pl
X@dirrm %%DATADIR%%
END-of-aguri/pkg-plist
echo x - aguri/pkg-descr
sed 's/^X//' >aguri/pkg-descr << 'END-of-aguri/pkg-descr'
XAguri is an aggregation-based traffic profiler targeted for near real-time,
Xlong-term, and wide-area traffic monitoring. Aguri adapts itself to spatial
Xtraffic distribution by aggregating small volume flows into aggregates, and
Xachieves temporal aggregation by creating a summary of summaries applying the
Xsame algorithm to its outputs. A set of scripts are used for archiving and
Xvisualizing summaries in different time scales. Aguri does not need a
Xpredefined rule set and is capable of detecting an unexpected increase of
Xunknown protocols or DoS attacks, which considerably simplifies the task of
Xnetwork monitoring.
XAguri produces four separate profiles for source addresses, destination
Xaddresses, source protocols and destination protocols. IP addresses are
Xdesigned to be hierarchical and aggregatable so that it is natural to apply
Xaggregation. Both IPv4 and IPv6 are supported in address profiles. Although
Xprotocol numbers are not hierarchical, the same technique can be used to
Xidentify port ranges. We concatenate the IP version, the protocol number and
Xthe TCP/UDP port number to create a 32-bit key for a protocol profile.
XWWW: http://www.csl.sony.co.jp/person/kjc/software.html
X- Yann
Xyb@sainte-barbe.org
END-of-aguri/pkg-descr