Date:      Tue, 13 Mar 2001 12:36:05 -0500
From:      Chip Marshall <chip@setzer.chocobo.cx>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Port problems

Recently I've been having some annoying problems regarding ports on
one of my FreeBSD boxes. The machine in question is a P3 550Mhz,
running FreeBSD 4.3-BETA (Mar 8 18:04:01)

The problem is that many of the ports don't compile. Some of them,
like cabextract, galeon, and jpilot, report:
	make: don't know how to make real-build. Stop
while others, like AbiWord and mozilla, report something like:
	/usr/ports/editors/AbiWord/Makefile:38: *** missing separator.  Stop.

Also, I noticed the make search in /usr/ports no longer works for me,
simply not returning anything when I try it.

I've already removed the whole ports tree and restored it using
sysintall then cvsup. (ftp5.freebsd.org for the sysinstall,
cvsup5.freebsd.org for the cvsup.)

Any ideas?

--
Chip Marshall <chip@chocobo.cx> http://www.chocobo.cx/chip/ Finger for PGP