Date:      Tue, 20 Jun 1995 08:27:58 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        wollman@halloran-eldar.lcs.mit.edu (Garrett Wollman)
Cc:        mark@grondar.za, Wollman@halloran-eldar.lcs.mit.edu, gibbs@freefall.cdrom.com, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: The great crypt reshuffle

> <<On Tue, 20 Jun 1995 16:57:22 +0200, Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za> said:
>
> > 5) secure/usr.bin/telnet is kerberised, and as such should move to
> >    eBones.
>
> NO!  As I said before, `telnet' is just like `rsh', `rlogin', and
> `rcp': there is a Kerberized version in the regular /usr/src.  The
> version in /usr/src/secure is there because it can do encryption in
> addition to authentication.

AHH!!  Okay, right, now I remeber, the secure/usr.bin/telnet/* files are
all the sprinkled bits of telnet to support encrypted connections, not
kerbirized authentication.  Garrett is right, this should stay just where
it is, I retract my statement that moving this would be okay.

> > 6) (not discussed at all - I think) Eric Young has not touched eBones
> >    for _years_, and is not likely to. The code in eBones is a mess, and I
> >    would like to rebuild it as a lib/ include/ usr.bin/ usr.sbin/
> >    structure for orthogonality with secure and gnu. This is more-or-less
> >    how the original code looked.
>
> I wanted to do this but never had the time.

Okay, so now we really need to know what Geoff was up to!!!