Date:      Thu, 24 Aug 2006 11:29:02 -0400
From:      Gerard Seibert <gerard@seibercom.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        eoghan <eoghanj@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: portupgrade

eoghan wrote:

> On 24 Aug 2006, at 15:06, Ivailo Tanusheff wrote:
>
> > Yes, it's OK :)
> >
> > But may I suggest you to use this, when upgrading ports:
> >
> > cd /usr/ports
> > make fetchindex
> > /usr/local/sbin/portsdb -u
> > /usr/local/sbin/pkgdb -Fv
> > /usr/local/sbin/portupgrade -v -i -a -r -c -C
>
> Great, Thanks for that.
> Eoghan

Or, you could just run:

portsnap fetch update    # assumes you have run it before
portsnap fetch && portsnap extract && portsnap update  # if you haven't
portmanager -u -l

It will save you time and trouble. It also assumes you have 'portmanager'
installed. Portsnap is part of the base system.

--
Gerard Seibert
gerard@seibercom.net