Date:      Fri, 8 Jan 1999 03:28:07 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Eugene M. Kim" <astralblue@usa.net>
To:        Alex Le Heux <alexlh@funk.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: freeze when trying to mount FAT32

I had the same problem today; do you statically comple MSDOS filesystem
into your kernel?  If not, as in my case, you must rebuild
/modules/msdos.ko before mounting any FAT32 filesystem:

	cd /usr/src/sys/modules/msdos
	MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX=/usr/obj/`objformat` ; export MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX
	make clean cleandepend
	make obj
	make depend all install

Hope this helps,
Eugene

--
Eugene M. Kim <astralblue@usa.net>

"Is your music unpopular?  Make it popular; make music
which people like, or make people who like your music."