Date:      Thu, 9 Mar 2000 13:08:59 +0100
From:      Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.csd.uu.se>
To:        Eduardo Huertas <eduhuertas@usa.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Weird XFree86 and SiS SG86C205 card

On Tue, Apr 15, 2036 at 12:57:48AM -0600, Eduardo Huertas wrote:
> Hello Everybody!
>
> Hope somebody can help me please.
>
> I have a DTK Computer Pentium 133 MHz CPU  32 MB RAM and 2 GB
> disk.
> Chipset (from the manual):
> SiS 5596 PCI, memory and VGA Controller
> SiS 5513 PCI System I/O
> Winbond  W83877F Super I/O Controller
> ESS ES1868 Audio-Drive Sound Controller
>
> FreeBSD  3.3 release installed.
>
> SuperProbe reported:
> First video: Super-VGA
> 	Chipset:  Silicon Integrated Systems  SG86C205 (PCI probed)
> 	Memory: 0 Kbytes
> 	RAMDAC: SiS buil-in DAC w/clock
> (with 6-bit wide lookup tables (or in 6-bit mode)

I have got a computer with same chipset at home which works fine.
Try to upgrade to 3.4-STABLE and XFree86 3.3.6 which is what I use.
(I remember having trouble with X 3.3.5, while it worked with whatever
version of XFree86 it was that was included with FreeBSD 3.2 release)
After I get home later today I will post a copy of my /etc/XF86Config if you wish.
(I haven't got it available here.)

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson