Date:      Fri, 2 Oct 1998 16:25:54 -0500 (EST)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@hotjobs.com>
To:        Stefan Eggers <seggers@semyam.dinoco.de>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: -current incompatible to 2.2.7?  Vim 5.2g now has SEGV

> Hi!
>
> The Vim 5.2g I installed from the 2.2.7 CD-ROMs lately cheased working
> for me today after I installed a new world and a new kernel cvsup'ed
> (says my memory) on Wednesday evening CDT.  It just says it has a SEGV
> and exits making it harder to see why it fails.  It produces no core
> dump.  :-(

i have the same problem, workaround for me was:

compile it on a linux box, works beautifully through emulation, which is
odd.  however the text mode will fail.

so, i installed freebsd vim and linux vim as vim-linux, then i symlinked
gvim -> vim-linux..

yah, it's yucky but it works.

Alfred Perlstein - Programmer, HotJobs Inc. - www.hotjobs.com
-- There are operating systems, and then there's FreeBSD.
-- http://www.freebsd.org/                        3.0-current