Date:      Thu, 1 Apr 1999 20:44:24 +0530
From:      "K. Arun" <kar@giasmda.vsnl.net.in>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        BGa@dbsmm.com
Subject:   Apache on FreeBSD

Hi,

	Someone I know is trying to implement a fairly heavy duty
installation of Apache on FreeBSD 2.2.8 (which is what is being used
currently, could be upgraded). They are doing an experimental webcast of
the cricket world cup to be held in England during the months of
May-June, with a twist. The technical people there are not new to Unix,
but this is their first experience with FreeBSD and indeed, Apache
optimization.

	They are likely to use upto 16 servers, the typical
configuration being a Pentium Xeon with enough RAM. They'd like to know
if there is anything specific to running Apache on FreeBSD in the way of
kernel optimization, performance tuning and load balancing.

	As I do not have much experience by way of running a web server, I
wondered if anyone on this list would be able to answer their queries,
as they are really keen on using FreeBSD.

	I hope this is the right forum to post such a request.

	Thanks,

						- K. Arun

--
Please Cc: me. I am not currently subscribed to this list. Thank you.