Date:      Sat, 23 Jan 1999 12:09:37 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Tim <root@scratch.demon.co.uk>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PNP and new bootloader with ELF kernel

Tim wrote:

> >and, in your /boot/loader.rc, put
> >
> >load /kernel
> >load -t userconfig_script /kernel.config
>
> Thanks for the info but unfortunately this has not worked, maybe this is
> the syntax I have used in the /kernel.config file
>
> pnp 1 enable os irq0 11 port0 0x3e8
>
> used to work before
>
> else what permissions do the files need to be
>
> also, where did you find this load -t stuff

load -t stuff is new stuff, currently undocumented, with the sole
exception of "help" at loader's prompt (I assume you are using
current from sometime this month, since the new loader was
introduced in november/december).

The load -t stuff is what will make /kernel.config get read. Your
old contents for that file should be ok otherwise.

Before modifying /boot/loader.rc, though, you might just *type*
these commands at the loader's prompt (followed by "boot"), to test
if they actually work.

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	If you sell your soul to the Devil and all you get is an MCSE from
it, you haven't gotten market rate.