Date:      Wed, 15 Mar 2000 18:06:25 -0500 (EST)
From:      Brian Sletten <bsletten@nova.org>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Green Thread Starvation

I'm running into a problem where it seems very easy to starve out the
AWT Event thread using Blackdown's JVM under Linux emulation. It takes
very little to make the Swing app completely unusable if there are a few
threads going on at the same time. Is this combination just retardedly bad
for threading?

The same code seems to work dramatically better under a real Linux
machine. I haven't tried it with only green threads on the same box.

Has anyone else done anything thread-heavy with the combination of Linux
emulation and Blackdown's JVM? (particularly with a UI) I haven't noticed
the problems as dramatically doing multi-threaded server code on the same
box.