Date:      06 Nov 2001 17:37:58 +0100
From:      Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
To:        "Martin Vana" <martin.vana@vslib.cz>
Cc:        <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: forwarding

"Martin Vana" <martin.vana@vslib.cz> writes:
> The problem is when I try to retrive any files from users. Than DC
> tryies to establish direct connection to user on ports from
> 410-415. How could I somehow 'catch' this request (SYN_SENT
> foo.foobar.com 41x) and forward it through ssh tunnel and back?

You can't.

> Don't limit yourself to just one box, I also have another FreeBsd
> machine ready to serve.

Is the other box outside the firewall?  In that case, set up PPP on
both boxen (see /usr/share/examples/ppp/ppp.conf.sample) and run PPP
over SSH.  On the inside box, set up a single static route to the
outside box and let PPP take care of the default route.  The outside
box should run natd or ipnat unless you have a spare IP address you
can use for the PPP link.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@ofug.org