Date:      Fri, 3 Jul 1998 16:57:42 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Kyle Mestery <mestery@winternet.com>
To:        Todd Backman <tbackman@corp.gulf.net>
Cc:        freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SMP FreeBSD

On Fri, 3 Jul 1998, Todd Backman wrote:

> I am waiting for UPS to deliver my BUFFERED 64mb dimms at this moment. Any
> suggestions on the SMP install? I have dl'd the 3.0 boot.flp and am
> curious as to how I incorporate CAM with this. I bought the Micronics Dual
> PPRO (W6-LI-007) for $54 from onsale.com and am ready to start on my
> little "project" for the weekend (my wife just can't understand this
> madness); ^) . Any suggestions would be great.

One thing to watch out for with this board is that you partition the disk
so it is compatible with DOS style partition tables.  Otherwise it will
refuse to boot (at least from a SCSI disk).  Mike Smith had said this was
a problem with the BIOS or sometjhing, but the board works fine when you
do it this way.  It is a screamer.  If you have decent fans, you shouild
easily be able to overclock this board.

--
Kyle Mestery
StorageTek's Network Systems Group

"I'll take what you're willing to give, and I'll teach myself to live,
 with a walk-on part of a background shot from a movie I'm not in."
		- Blink 182, "Apple Shampoo"