Date:      Wed, 6 Oct 1999 19:00:28 -0400
From:      "Jason" <username@tir.com>
To:        "Charles Cox" <cscox@jps.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Can't find localhost

When you say you couldn't ping yourself is that a 127.0.0.1 or another IP
that you assigned to the interface? Half-duplex just means that it is not
using bi-directional communication, it shouldn't have an effect the ability
to ping the interface. If you could post the ifconfig -a results that would
help a bit...

-Jason