Date:      Fri, 15 Aug 1997 19:31:32 -0400
From:      cliff ainsworth III <cliff@cliffsworld.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Questions

FreeBSD,

Good evening all..........

I just received my FreeBSD disk in the mail today and we are about to install it. But before we do we are looking for an opinion or suggestions. We started the install, perused the "Complete BSD Handbook" and read a lot of the help files on the read me text.

My system configuration consists of an Intel pentium pro 200, 32 megs of ram, number nine 128 bit video card, 3.5 inch floppy drive three eide hard drives-- a 2 gig and two 4 gigs. teac cd-rom and an exabyte tape drive. The following OSes are installed NT 4.0, NT 4.0 Server, Windows 95.

my physical drives are partitioned as

             C:  my original 2 gig hard drive

	 D:  a 2 gig partition that is primary on the first added hard drive

	 E:  a 2 gig partition that is secondary on the first added hard drive

	 F: a  2 gig partition that is primary on the second added hard drive

	 G: a 2 gig partition that is  secondary on the second added hard drive

	 H: cd-rom drive

We want to install FreeBSD on "D" drive. Is there anything we should be worrying about with the "E" Partition?.

Also if we partition "D" into anything, "E" through "H" designations will suffer....that will present a number of problems. "D" is completely empty. G drive however only has 100 megs or so of programs on it. We could dump that stuff to "D" and make the "G" drive empty.

Or create another partition on the third drive call it H: and bump up the cd-rom drive.....

Or create the partition and make the designation a letter after H, and not worry about anything  but it just looks nasty having the cd-rom drive in the middle of the hard drive letters....

Any suggestions??  We want to do this correctly and would rather not have cheesy short-cuts that might come back and bite us later.

Other than that, we would like to become a mirror site for the download stuff and any text info. We might have enough space now to put some of that stuff up now. And we would like to help you guys out and become partners as we get bigger. We are currently in the middle of a business plan that some investors are looking at for becoming an ISP and multimedia content/website creation/host. We went to the Beyond HOPE convention last weekend and have decided on FreeBSD. The question of the day is, what is the best equipment to run it on? What would be your dream system to run it on.? As this is a business plan we want to able price out the absolutely best equipment for this......

Thanx for help and time in this matter..........have a great weekend!

-cliff

CLIFFSWORLD Homepage----------------------<<http://www.cliffsworld.com>;

Quake-Clan "R.I.P."<bigger> </bigger>Home
Page---------------------<<http://rip.internexus.net>;

P.O. Box 1055, Maywood NJ, 07607-7055       Telephone 1-201-843-0936

PGP v5.0 Public Key available