Date:      Mon, 25 Jun 2012 09:16:44 +0100
From:      "Steven Hartland" <killing@multiplay.co.uk>
To:        "Doug Barton" <dougb@FreeBSD.org>, "J. Hellenthal" <jhellenthal@dataix.net>
Cc:        freebsd-rc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: conf/169373: mountd starts to early when exporting fs marked as late

----- Original Message -----
From: "Doug Barton" <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To: "J. Hellenthal" <jhellenthal@dataix.net>
Cc: <freebsd-rc@freebsd.org>; "Steven Hartland" <steven.hartland@multiplay.co.uk>
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2012 12:58 AM

> On 06/24/2012 16:42, J. Hellenthal wrote:
>> Personally I can't think of any reason to have a filesystem that is
>> marked as mount late exported over NFS.
>>
>> It's usually always the opposite way around ... network comes up -> late
>> filesystem is then mounted late.
>>
>> I assume there is probably some other underlying issue here that has not
>> been properly described as to why this filesystem has been marked late.
>
> Looping in the OP so that he can respond to this.

Thanks for looking at this. In our case we where forced to do this to
export a directory which nfs refused to export due to being too long path.

To work around this we exported a shorter path via a nullfs mount. This in
itself wouldn't usually be an issue but the source volume is zfs mount and
there appears to be no other way to ensure the nullfs mount was done after
the zfs volume was available than to mark it as late hence the resulting
problem.

    Regards
    Steve

or return the E.mail to postmaster@multiplay.co.uk.