Date:      Wed, 27 Jan 1999 22:32:27 GMT
From:      Marty Cawthon <mrc@ChipChat.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Deinstall a port that has been updated

Hello BSDaemons!

I need some pointers:
  "How do I deinstall a port that has been updated?"

Specifically:
-------------
ja-netscape-communicator-4.07
  was installed as a port in 1998-December.

Today I tried to deinstall this port,
then later I plan to install Netscape NAVIGATOR 4.5

Here is what happened:
--------------------
# cd /usr/ports/japanese
# cd netscape4-communicator
# make deinstall
==> deinstalling for ja-netscape-communicator-4.08
pkg_delete: no such package 'ja-netscape-communicator-4.08' installed
** Error code 1
it is not clear how best to proceed with this.

In advance, "thank you" for your consideration and suggestions.

Marty Cawthon
ChipChat