Date:      Sun, 21 Sep 1997 00:26:26 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@awfulhak.org>
To:        Allen Louden <alouden@access.mountain.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Logging in PPP

> I have the latest version of ppp and have configured syslog.conf as
> directed in man. I still have no entries being made to ppp.log. I get an
> error on boot that says "syslogd:unknown priority name"
> Any help will be appreciated.

What version of FreeBSD are you running ?  I don't suppose it's a
FreeBSD *before* 2.0.5.... 'cos that's when the !prog functionality
was added.

If this is the case, you're sunk and will need to upgrade to a newer
version of FreeBSD.  If this isn't the case, post your syslog.conf
file (from /etc).  The version you sent me a few days ago has nothing
I can see wrong with it.

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>, <brian@FreeBSD.org>, <bri@OpenBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;