Date:      Fri, 10 Dec 1999 21:35:18 -0500
From:      "Vladimir N. Silyaev" <vsilyaev@mindspring.com>
To:        "Louis A. Mamakos" <louie@TransSys.COM>
Cc:        "Vladimir N. Silyaev" <vsilyaev@mindspring.com>, emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ANNOUNCE: Update port VMware 1.1 for Linux, Networking Support

On Fri, Dec 10, 1999 at 09:18:58PM -0500, Louis A. Mamakos wrote:

> > Just a proposition. Copy basic installation to a hard drive and prepare
> > dos bootable diskette, and install Windows 98 from raw partition. I think
> > that after installation protected mode drivers will work fine.
>
> I'm not sure I understand.
>
> I did try to create a recovery floppy on real Windows 98 machine, but it
> doesn't boot either.  Does Windows have a problem with my K6-III CPU I
> wonder?
In the previous message you were wrote about problems on the stage, when
mscdex loaded. I really don't know the contents of a recovery floppy
from Windows'98, but try to isolate problem, press Shift-F8 and
load only minimal set of files.

About K6-III please read information on the official vmware site.

> Should I create a raw partition on the disk, put the contents of a
> windows 98 distribution CD on it, and try to install from there?
Exactly, but I think you are don't need to put all the contents, only
a minimal set.

--
Vladimir Silyaev